You’ll be joining the Jiddler's Tipple team and be responsible for managing and scaling the sales function of a fast-growing, award-winning beer business. This will include on and off trade lead development and management, account management, brand activation, sales forecasting, as well as managing and maintaining sales targets. Being a small business, you’ll likely have to wear many hats outside of the above and be involved in lots of other exciting business development projects.
We are looking for someone flexible, ambitious, charismatic and eager to learn. In return, you’ll have lots of autonomy, responsibility, the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing craft beer business, and, of course, lots of beer!
A bit about Jiddler’s Tipple
We launched in October 2017 and have since grown rapidly. Based in Turnpike Lane, we make delicious, approachable, inclusive and socially responsible beer. Our award-winning beers are gluten free, vegan, carbon negative and lower-abv (3.8%). They are also wrapped in vintage shirt patterns (so they look as good as they taste!). We're all about growing while being creative, challenged and having fun (and enjoying a beer or two along the way 🍻). If this sounds good - keep on reading!
About the Role
The Sales Manager will represent Jiddler's Tipple, winning new stockists, delivering the best customer support and ultimately enabling growth. From the start you'll be taking responsibility for business development strategy. This includes speaking your mind and offering solutions and creative business development ideas.
The business is growing fast, so there are always lots of new and exciting opportunities which support creativity and development. There will also be the opportunity to shape the direction of the sales function as the business grows.
Day-to-day Responsibilities of the Role
- Account management - Grow the rate of sale of Jiddler's Tipple beers in new and existing accounts.
- Set, monitor, and achieve KPIs.
- Be a brand ambassador for Jiddler's Tipple - Build the brand and increase sales by engaging directly with consumers and business owners through training, events, and samplings.
- Differentiate our brand through added value opportunities for our customers.
- Sales pipeline management.
- Sales team growth and management – as the brand grows, we’ll need a strong leader to manage the sales function.
Who We’re Looking For
- A driven, persistent individual who is resilient and keen to develop their career with us.
- Someone with a positive, can-do attitude who is flexible and enjoys learning.
- Someone with a great sense of humour who likes to have fun!
- Someone autonomous and accountable who is happy managing their time and work independently.
- Someone passionate about good food and drink (and ideally beer!).
- Experience in previous sales roles with a strong track record of success.
- A people person - Excellent relationship/rapport building and interpersonal skills with customers, consumers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively face to face, by phone and via email.
- Strong organisational skills - ability to plan and prioritise work and effectively journey plan across an area to maximise efficiency.
- Flexibility for some evening/weekend work.
- Tech savvy - Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and ideally sales or customer management software.
- Management and leadership experience – This is desirable, but not essential.
- Competitive salary plus bonus (dependent on experience).
- Annual bonus (linked to company financial performance).
- Opportunity to participate in the company share options scheme (performance dependent).
- Flexible working (location, hours).
- Very generous beer allowance!
- Opportunity to see how all functions of a business operate in a fast-growing FMCG start-up.
- Potential to become Head of Sales with full responsibility of scaling and running the function.
- 30 days holiday (including public holidays).
We are now accepting applications with a view to hold interviews in January and hire in the first quarter of 2024. If you’re interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for my perusal.The interview process will involve an initial 30-minute phone/video call followed by interviews with existing members of the Jiddler’s Tipple team.